Most employment opportunities are listed on the Steiner Schools Australia Website. However, occasionally there may be additional positions listed below.
You can view the Steiner Schools Australia listings page here.
This is a 0.4 FTE position of 4 days (4 x ½ days 11.30pm to 3.15pm)
We are looking for a capable and versatile individual to take on the custodianship of the Library and teach Library skills as well as conduct Literacy based lessons to the Class 3 to 6. Additionally, the successful applicant would work with teachers, engage with high school students, manage and organise the library and deal with all aspects of borrowing, returning and cataloguing books.
This person would:
- Provide interesting and engaging lessons to students from Classes 3 to 6 during their weekly library lesson.
- Provide effective access to library collections and resources for teachers
- Work engagingly with high school students.
- Engage students in the love of books, reading and all forms of literacy.
- Work with Class Teachers to support and contribute to the students learning and lesson themes.
- Uphold Library values and behaviour expectations.
- Uphold Lorien’s ethos and Steiner education.
- Have background, knowledge and experience in Steiner Education
- Have a great sense of humour!
- Have good computer skills and willing to learn the Koha Library system.
- Hold teachers’ registration with NESA
- Enjoy working in a creative and dynamic environment.
- Be well organised
- Manage the planning, administrative and budgetary functions of library and information services.
- Maintain the organisation of library materials.
All enquires should be directed to:
Vivien Sievers, primary School Co-ordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org